this show is screwing with me. and i love EVERY BIT of it.
jack, kate, hurley, sayid, sun, and ben are all back on the island. but only sun & ben (and pilot frank!) have landed in the present. the others are in 1977 with sawyer & crew. why did they split? i have no idea. i'm sure we'll find out soon enough. but seriously, how amazing was this episode? let me count the ways:
1. juliet delivered ETHAN ROM. scary, kidnapping ethan. and her look of masked horror when she realized how the baby was.
2. kate & sawyer are back! well, at least back in the same decade. i have a feeling it's going to be a slow journey for them to get back together (and come on, they're totally getting back together), so i will take my angsty looks and awkward waves. and hey, they're neighbors!
3. sawyers verbal SMACKDOWN with jack. i actually applauded at the end, it was so glorious. of course, everything is bound to blow up in sawyers face, but it's going to be nice while it lasts. oh, and sawyer made jack a JANITOR. way to be amazing, sawyer.
4. SUN KWON. remember in season 1 was she was just this quiet little housewife who was running away from her husband? times have changed.
5. speaking of smackdowns, anyone think kate & juliet might be having one soon? i'm guessing kate has suspected sawyer/juliet are together, because she did not look amused when juliet introduced herself. although maybe jack will woo his way back into juliets heart, with all of his charm, or whatever,
6. baby ben! with little harry potter glasses! although i can't believe that sawyer & crew have gone 3 years without figuring out ben was on the island. maybe he and his dad came in with the new recruits? because you know sawyer & juliet would have been all over baby ben.
7. jacks dad is the creepiest character on this show. scarier than ben and the smoke monster. i can't wait to find out what his deal is.
okay other shows:
whatever. i'm glad this arc is over. the slutty teacher (honestly, still have no idea what her name was) and that hooker chuck was with were totally killing my gossip girl buzz. but thankfully they're gone, and the episodes coming up look like some classic gossip girl. they better not disappoint.
this week focused a lot on the lily/ted dynamic, which i love. ted finds out that lily has been behind most of his failed relationships, including robin. so he teds out, and yells at lily a lot. this all happens at 4 in the am because they promised robin they would watch her silly morning show. but they're all bickering and completely miss robin delivering a baby, saving her coworkers from a heart attack & a fire, and something crazy with animals. but in the end ted forgives lily, and forms a marriage pact with robin. which did not amuse me, but we know how it ends up, so i'm not worried.
oh, also marshall and barney were nightgowns and are precious.
i hate country week. but i LOVE kris allen. his performance is the only one i really even remember (minus adams weird sexual indian performance, which i still don't know if i like or not). everyone else can leave. i didn't mind alexis being voted off, i thought she was bland, and tried too hard. next week is motown, which will most likely be boring. stupid american idol! why do i let you suck me in?